Ingredients: (makes 6)
- 200g minced pork (more or less 1/2 pound)
- red onion – diced
- salt (to taste)
- sugar/honey (to taste)
- sesame oil (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg york, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets ready-made puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 425F (225C) – that temp is instructed on Puff Pasty I bought from my nearby supermarket.
- Lightly oil a small pan and place on medium heat. Sauté diced red onion until it takes on a golden hue.
- Place and combine well minced pork, cooked red onion, salt, sugar, pepper and sesame oil in a big bowl.
- Cut pastry into 12 discs; 6 smaller and 6 larger. The size difference between the 2 discs should only be less than 1/2 inch (around 1cm).
- Place meat mixture in the center of the smaller disc. Place larger disc on top and seal edges (with any way you like; I made strings around for mine). Brush pastry tops with beaten egg york.
- Cook for ~30 minutes. Somehow at last 5 mins, I adjusted the temp down to 325F (170C). Serve hot.
We like them for breakfast or just light lunch. They are be reheated in microwave.