When I do not travel or am not busy with any project (personal, school or business), I prefer to eat in, instead of eat out. Traveling around the world allows me to taste new dishes and pick ones I like the most. Then, I will make some when I am at home. During my winter trip 2016-2017, I stay in one town a bit longer than usual. It is all about having a sense of local living. I have more time to explore our kitchen and make some of my favorite Asian food.
Until now, I start to think about making a list of dishes for us on a weekly basis.
- Easily shop ingredients
- Leftover for next day lunch (both of us)
- I can ruin any dish which I never make in my life 🙂
- Leftover ingredients might not be applicable for other dishes. Then, it can go bad and we waste money.
- Many recipes I find on-line are for at least 4 servings while there are two of us. Changing measurements can be risky.
Week 13 (Monday March 27, 2017 until (and including) Sunday April 2, 2017
- Monday: leftover pork stew made by my aunt & vegetable soup
- Tuesday: Sweet potato curry with peas
- Wednesday: Chicken chili (definitely we have leftover for next day lunch)
- Thursday: Broccoli and peanut stir-fry
- Friday: Lemon and orange pepper fish
- Saturday and Sunday: Orange and carrot stir-fry or probably eat out with friends
- German chocolate cake
- Mandarin oranges